Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thing I Like #2: Big Breakfasts

There are, in my mind, two kinds of people who eat breakfast. There are those that rush it, only recognizing breakfast as a necessity; it's just a way to get some energy in them so that they don't pass out before lunch. Let's call them the Pragmatists. Then there's those who truly appreciate their morning meal. They don't just have one thing to eat-- they have courses. They don't mind sacrificing a little bit of sleep in order to have that extra time needed to make some breakfast magic. Let's call these the Sensualists.

I am usually of the 'eat me up before you go-go' variety, but not today. This morning, I was a Sensualist.

I actually woke up early to put this together. I made my father go out and brave the harsh Canadian autumn (okay, he drove) to get my missing ingredients. And-- even he agrees-- was it worth it: scrambled eggs, English muffins, (chicken) bacon and a stack of French toast. I'm not a cook, so by my (and my parents') standards, this was a regular feast. Those Sensualists really know how to live (and, I assume, stay in shape).

I got around to the eating part of breakfast a little late, so I got to finish off what was left. Did I overeat and get a little bit of a tummyache? Yes. Was it worth it? Oh God yes.

I'm heading to a conference this week, which means I get to stay in a hotel. Not only does it offer a Continent breakfast, but the conference offers morning feedings as well. Two breakfasts? I'm more excited about this than the actual conference itself. It also gives me a chance to try out my reverse-french-toast-bacon-and-syrup sandwich that I dreamt up.

Assuming I survive three mornings of it, I'll let you know how mindblowingly awesome it tasted.

2 comments:

Souki said...

hahahah thumbs up at the end was the best

Mimi said...

it actually ended up looking more hilarious than i expected, but thank you!