Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thing I Like #15: Little Favours

This is something of a final post, only because I've moved on to an "official" blog (i.e. not a school sanctioned one). But it's an appropriate one, I think.

Seeing as how it's the final stretch for most of us, the all-nighter is not an unfamiliar friend. Yesterday, in hopes of tricking my body into think it got some rest, I planned on taking a quick powernap. But knowing that I actually desperately needed rest, I knew that I'd have a hard time waking up. So, naturally, I asked someone to help me make sure I didn't sleep myself to death. A quick name change on MSN before I hit the sack: "maid mariam - can someone please wake me up at 7pm? msg, txt, call, whatever." An addendum added that "nudges are also acceptable."

9:34, two and a half hours after the fact, I wake up to a wildly buzzing cell phone, several messages, a few missed calls and a handful of nudges. I should've known that a couple of computer noises wouldn't rouse me from my comatose state, but it was an awesome feeling waking up to find that some people tried their damnedest to help me.

Thank God/Darwin/your deity of choice (or lack thereof) for little favours.

2 comments:

Souki said...

=) yay

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.